Seventeen finalists from Nebraska, Iowa and North Dakota will perform the national anthem during the 2014 NCAA® Men’s College World Series® (CWS®) at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha.
The finalists were chosen following live auditions held at the stadium on April 26. Each finalist will perform in front of more than 23,000 fans from all over the country. More than 100 vocalists and musicians from nine states applied to perform at the event.
Following is this year’s roster of performers and their scheduled appearances:
- Creighton Prep Chamber Choir, June 14, 2 p.m.
- Local Omaha Trio, June 14, 7 p.m.
- Voices of Boys Town, June 15, 2 p.m.
- Nate Simons (on saxophone), June 15, 7 p.m.
- Collin Wyler, June 16, 2 p.m.
- Pflug Family Singers, June 17, 2 p.m.
- Emma Scheel, June 17, 7 p.m.
- DeJa Blu, June 18, 7 p.m.
- Hannah Goebel, June 19, 7 p.m.
- Nickolas Fleissner, June 20, 2 p.m.
- Mark Lindquist, June 20, 7 p.m.
- Jeff James (on trombone), June 21, 2 p.m.*
- The Littles, June 21, 7 p.m.*
- U.S. Air Force Heartland of America Band vocalist Tech. Sgt. Ken Maxwell, June 23, 7 p.m., Finals Game 1.
- Drew Duncan, June 24, 7 p.m., Finals Game 2.
- Joan’s Boys, June 25, 7 p.m., Finals Game 3.*
The College World Series of Omaha Inc., has held formal anthem auditions since 1995, due to growing interest in singing the national anthem that has accompanied the Series’ rising popularity.
About the NCAA?
The NCAA is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and athletic opportunities for more than 450,000 student-athletes at more than 1,000 member colleges and universities. Each year, more than 54,000 student-athletes compete in NCAA championships in Divisions I, II and III sports. Visit www.ncaa.org and www.ncaa.com for more details about the Association, its goals and members and corporate partnerships that help support programs for student-athletes. The NCAA is proud to have the following elite companies as official Corporate Champions—AT&T, Capital One and Coca-Cola—and the following elite companies as official Corporate Partners—Allstate, Amazon (Kindle), Buffalo Wild Wings, Buick, Burger King, Enterprise, Infiniti, LG, Lowe’s, Nabisco, Northwestern Mutual, Reese’s (Hershey’s), Unilever and UPS.
About CWS, Inc. ®
College World Series of Omaha, Inc., is the nonprofit local organizing committee for the annual NCAA Division I Men's College World Series. Its mission is enlisting wide-based community support from business, government, civic organizations and individuals to implement, promote, operate and host a successful CWS in Omaha in partnership with the NCAA. The 2014 CWS will begin with Opening Celebration Day Friday, June 13. Games will begin Saturday, June 14, and continue through Tuesday/Wednesday, June 24/25. For a complete schedule of all games and times, please visit www.NCAA.com/CWS .
NCAA, The NCAA Experience and College World Series are licensed by or trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
For audition photographs of individual national anthem performers, contact John Melingagio (email@example.com).